TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! Homeowners must take action quickly upon receiving the notice of the program to be sure
that they have the time to meet with a housing counselor and complete the necessary documentation. If you have
received the notice of the program, please TAKE ACTION NOW! Follow the link below to view the notice and learn what
steps you must take to participate in the program.
Mediation Program Notice (English and Spanish)
Delaware Automatic Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program
The foreclosure mediation program creates a process by which homeowners are connected to housing counseling and provided an opportunity to participate in a mediation session prior to the Court entering a judgment of foreclosure. This program gives homeowners a great opportunity to work with housing counselors, their lender and a neutral mediator to reach a positive alternative agreement and avoid foreclosure.
The mediation program goal is to assist homeowners avoid foreclosure by providing a formal process intended to foster negotiations between homeowners and mortgage companies.
The program is free! Homeowners are urged to read all notices and mail received from the Court offices, the state and their mortgage lender or servicer.
Where do I go? Who do I contact for help?
- Call the Delaware Homeowner Relief Hotline at 1-800-220-5424
- Call a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency
It is important to stay in contact with your mortgage
lender or servicer whether or not you are participating in this mediation program. They may be able
to provide you with additional resources and assistance. Be sure to contact them as soon as possible - it's
never too late to call your lender!!!
- Read the full program regulations in the Superior Court's Administrative Directive Administrative Directive
- Mediation Program Notice (English and Spanish)
- Certificate of Participation Form
- View to print the Universal Intake Form in English
- View to print the Universal Intake Form in Spanish
- View to print the Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Client's Checklist in English
- View to print the Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Client's Checklist in Spanish
- Mediation Brochure (English)
- Mediation Brochure (Spanish)
- Mediation Timeline
- Mediation Conference Location Directions